January 13, 2008

Your Older Fans Love You, Too!

In a recent Newsweek interview, Clay Aiken says that sometimes women through their Depends on stage. The Depends read, "Your older fans love you, too."

That, my friends, is a reason to retire. (Though in the answer to the first question, he mentions the fact that he's so sore that he can't get off the toilet, so I think the Depends could come in handy, provided he saves them).

The interview devolves from that point.

Newsweek reporter Ramin Setoodeh then asks about the Rippa incident, the plane fight, and homophobia. Clay bares her claws. Here's the relevant snippy:


Did you think it was homophobic?
I'm not going to discuss it.

What do you want to talk about?
I think we're done.

Can we talk about something fun?
No, we're done. I thought NEWSWEEK would be more reputable. I'm surprised.

But I think people are curious about it.
It was a year ago. This is NEWSWEEK. It's not the National Enquirer. I'd hate to have a job where I had to be rude to people.

We're just having a conversation.
Change the subject! I'd never take a job where I had to do something that I didn't want to do.

What about all those Ford commercials on "American Idol"?
That wasn't a job.

It was part of your job.
It wasn't a Ford commercial. It was a music video. It was a completely different thing.

I'll change the subject. What do you do for fun?
I watch the news. I read news magazines, but I'm reconsidering that now.

Are you going to watch "Idol"?
I haven't watched since season four. I compare it to high-school football--if it weren't for high school, we wouldn't be successful, but I don't need to keep going to the football games.


You can guess that Simon Cowell will not be attending Spamalot any time soon. Or that, if he does, he wont' be throwing his Depends onstage. No ma'am. No siree. (Do you think Paula will?)

I love it when Clay says he's reconsidering reading newsmagazines. You show them, Clay. Be uninformed and ignorant--that'll get 'em, girl.

Ummmm. Did Clay Aiken just make a football analogy?

No comments: